As we wrote in a previous blog, the Corona crisis has far-reaching consequences for many companies.
Many SMEs hope that, with the help of the government, they can bridge this period and that a healthy revenue flow can be resumed in the near future.
Despite companies’ fears of whether they will make it, there are now also opportunities. Because entrepreneurs can hardly work IN the company at the moment, there is now room to work ON the company.
During busy periods, things often remain that can now be dealt with. This moment of (unwanted) rest is ideal for viewing business processes from a distance. What is going well and where is improvement possible?
Are there possibilities to work more efficiently (and therefore cost-effective)? Is it possible to add / adapt the company, making it less vulnerable in the event of a subsequent crisis? Think of an online extension or location-independent workplaces.
Data integration is one of the options that can improve business processes.
We have listed the most important integration challenges they have for various industries, Logistics, Retail, Wholesale, and Education.
Example: Article file
The data that a supplier provides about a product is usually still via Excel sheets. The employees who are responsible for data entry then ensure that this data enters the ERP system, so that purchasing and sales can take place.
The information from the Excel sheets is excellent information to fill the ERP system with, but not extensive enough to be able to sell the articles through a webshop. More information about the product is available from various other sources, such as images, videos, manuals and reviews. The ideal situation would be to have all this information available with the product.
Even when there are changes from the supplier in terms of prices, specifications or stocks, this should preferably be processed in real-time instead of waiting for an employee to start working on it.
But how can this be achieved?
The products to be enriched are requested in the application where the production data (ERP or MDM) is managed. Subsequently, this is offered in the correct form to the content provider and the relevant data is retrieved. Subsequently, transformation takes place and enriched product data (including images, videos, etc.) is offered to the relevant application.
- Dovetail retrieves the information from the various systems in which current prices are located, transforms it and offers it to the webshop.
- Promotional actions that are managed centrally trigger Dovetail after a change, which then transforms the data and offers it to the webshop and the ERP in the correct format and in the correct manner.
- Information from various applications and files is written to the data warehouse with an SQL connection.
- The probability of error decreases
- There is a much faster processing speed
- Product information is available in the system as well as online in real time
- Products are immediately in the system properly, which reduces handling costs
- The knowledge of the product is directly in the system and employees no longer have to search for this information themselves
- Because most of this work is automated, it can be done more easily from any workplace.
We have already mapped out the challenges for various branches and there are also reference cases from which inspiration may be gained.
Please contact us. We are happy to present you the benefits of Dovetail for your organization.